BarrierGuard 800® is a lightweight, energy absorbing, longitudinal steel barrier for temporary or permanent installation. Positive protection allows your workers to focus on their jobs instead of worrying about their safety.
NCHRP 350 Approved TL-4
BarrierGuard 800® has been tested to meet the highest performance standards in the world. Approved by most State DOT’s and the Federal Highway Administration at TL-4, BarrierGuard 800® will save you time and money. Far superior to concrete for vehicle deflection, vehicle roll overs and overall impact damage.
- 60lbs per linear foot
- 31.5" (800mm) tall
- 9" (228.6mm) wide at top
- 21" 9533.4mm) wide at bottom
- 1.75" (31/75mm) clearance for drainage
- ATSM 123 Galvanized for long product life (20 years)
- Available in 10, 20, 40 & 50 ft sections
The benefits of BarrierGuard 800® far outweigh the traditional use of concrete:
- 600ft - 750ft per truckload
- 1,000ft per hour installation
- Limited anchoring
- Rugged 20+ years life cycle
- Transitions to all industry standard end treatments
- Transitions to concrete and guardrail
Transport 600 ft in one truckload vs. 100 ft with concrete
BarrierGuard 800® average time to install is 1,ooo ft in one hour vs. 200 - 300 ft with temporary concrete
Set a 40 ft section of BarrierGuard 800® - 2,500 lbs - in 40 seconds
Tighten one bolt
Next thing you know, you are done!
The secret to rapid and easy installation/removal is the Quick Connect system